This post will be discussing the outstanding popularity in Youtube and it’s effect on social media.
“35 mind numbing Youtube facts, figures & statistics” by Jeff Bullas
- 70% of Youtube traffic comes from outside the US
- Youtube is localised in 39 countries across 54 languages
- In 2011 there were almost 140 views for every person on Earth!
- Over 4 Billion videos are viewed each day
- 60% of in-stream adverts are now skippable
- There are now thousands of full-length movies available to watch.
- 30,000+ partners from 27 countries
- Partner revenue has more than doubled for 4 years in a row
Social Media Platforms
- 500 years of videos are watched everyday on Facebook
- 100 Million people take social action on Youtube every week by commenting, liking and sharing.
- 700 videos are shared on Twitter each minute
Bullas, J. (2016). 35-mind-numbing-youtube-facts-figures-and-statistics-infographic. [Blog] jeffbullas.com. Available at: http://www.jeffbullas.com/2012/05/23/35-mind-numbing-youtube-facts-figures-and-statistics-infographic/ [Accessed 27 Jan. 2016].